Since opening our doors in 1985, DLP Coatings has painted billions of fasteners and various other parts. We work with our customers to select a paint system that is best suited for a particular part and its intended use. We offer several coating types:
- Liquid and powder, which include various chemistries
- Fusion bonding enamels
- 2K Urethanes
- Polyesters for unique applications
DLP Coatings Single Stage Waterborne Enamel
Over the years, DLP Coatings has always tried to differentiate in the very competitive fastener coating market. Our product needs to provide color match capability, adjust gloss, comply with industry and environmental regulations, and pass ASTM G154 testing criteria.
After considering our customer and industry requirements, product testing and the need for an environmentally friendly coating, DLP Coatings developed a product that checks all these boxes. In addition to the many attributes mentioned previously, DLP Coatings’ proprietary Single Stage Waterborne Enamel is also color and gloss retentive as well as scratch and chip resistant.
Due to several factors, the use of powder coatings for industrial applications has grown. Throughput is dramatically more since a powder coating does not need additional time to chemically or mechanically cure once it has been properly heat cured. This is a distinct advantage that powder coatings offer over many liquid coatings. In most cases when a powder coating is specified, the fasteners will be used for assembly on parts that were previously powder coated.
Whether using a powder or a liquid coating, we will be more than happy to discuss the appropriate coating that best meets your individual needs and achieves optimal results.
Whether you use DLP Coatings’ single stage waterborne enamel or a powder coating, we can ensure that you will be compliant with industry regulations:
- RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) restricts ten hazardous materials including lead in paint, ensuring products are environmentally friendly.
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals) is like RoHS, but is a European regulation. It protects people and the environment from potentially harmful chemical substances such as lead.
- Proposition 65is specific to the state of California. It requires businesses to provide warnings about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
As important as the paint color, architects, specifiers and building owners must determine which performance specification is required. DLP Coatings’ Waterborne Enamel meets AAMA (American Architectural Manufacturers Association) 2604, for color and gloss retention. This specification applies to South Florida outdoor exposure and laboratory accelerated testing results.